Monday, October 30, 2006

One day at a time...

I have a week to go before I serve as an election judge for the first time and I am beginning to tense up alternating with feeling a peace about it because it is truly in the Lord's hands. Suzy did this a couple of years ago and reminded me that the election she worked was the presidential, and she lived to tell about it, so maybe I will too.

The Elections Dept. called me today to say that the library, where we vote, has a class on Monday night, Nov. 6, in the space we use Tuesday, Nov. 7, so we will need to get there earlier to set up Tuesday morning. Now I know 5:45 is not but 15 minutes earlier than 6 AM, but psychologically it sounds like lots earlier! There are a lot of details to this and I just hope I can study up enough that nothing comes as a surprise. I am hoping that lots have voted early so we are not overwhelmed. Also I hope that the clerks I have appointed show up and serve well!

Between now and then I've got a discussion in Ladies Bible Class to lead, a photo roster of the Farmers Branch Womens Club to prepare by Friday, a chicken spaghetti casserole to prepare for the FBWC Friday morning meeting, the election paraphernalia to pick up and an additional election training lab to attend. One day at a time, as they say...

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Wow Vick! You're popular...and you haven't even started the big new job yet. I'm impressed. Don't forget to send money home!

Valerie said...

Vick! I had no idea you updated! I'm so proud of you mom!

-The Favorite One (but I won't tell the others)

Catherine said...

way to go mrs. over acheiver!!! and some times you lecture your own children about being over-involved... i wonder where the got it?!?!?!?!?!