Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Family Fun

The Family Reunion was lots of fun with lots of good food. We got a lot of visiting in on Saturday at the Briar church building, then went to Roger and Ellen's to finish off the evening. After church Sunday we went to Carolyn and Arnold's for leftovers and more visiting. Philip and Trina came but I apparently failed to take any Sunday photos. Rotto!!
Uncle Arnold and his newest great grand child Miranda West, daughter of Jeremy and Marie.


This charming couple is blessed to be parents of Roger Lowe and the in-laws of Ellen!

Julie and Greg in front, Valerie and Craig to the back. Craig is fielding a call, if you are wondering.
Ellen and her sweet m-i-l!
Steve and Denise came from Baytown to enjoy the get-together. They stayed at our house.

You can't tell, but Carolyn and I were filling a few cups with ice.

Lindel and Betty came from Hugoton, Kansas and we are so glad they did!
Cousin Don Cullers and wife Sue of Granbury with Uncle Jimmy.
Uncle Jeff and young grandmother Debbie West with one of her twin grandsons, the children of Jennifer and Brent Russell.


I was amazed when I saw this very confident mother duck leading her flock of eleven through the neighborhood. Her babies were more obedient than mine! I had to take a picture to be sure I was counting them correctly. I wonder if she really sat on all those eggs or if she is in ducky day care....





The other bird was travelling solo, but I wanted to see how close I could get with my camera lens. I got that close....


4 comments:

Valerie said...

You definitely win the photo contest award for the post with the most

Lyndsey said...

Very impressive - were those ducks in your neighborhood or Aunt Carolyn's?

Unknown said...

Our very own yard actually. I took those bird pix a day or two before the reunion. Thanks for checking in, The Mom

James said...

The reunion had fewer people as compared to years past. However, the quality of conversation was excellent. We stayed longer than we normally do