Thursday, June 07, 2007

Invited to a wedding in Jamaica...does it get any better??

The Caribbean as viewed from our villa balcony.
Veeves on the balcony of our villa.
Each villa had a golf cart in which the guests could explore the grounds .
Linda S., me, Veronica and Jeff, and Linda B. at the Rehearsal Beach Party.


Lots has happened, but I haven't blogged in forever, so nobody will ever know! If I can remember how to find the pictures on the computer I will show you some photos of the Denise Thomas-Aaron Mishel wedding in Jamaica at the end of April. Valerie and I had a wonderful time in an absolutely beautiful setting. All the guests who weren't Jamaica residents stayed in villas at the Tryall Golf Club. My daughters are now sold on destination weddings and are lobbying to be adopted by the Thomases.

Summer is here and we are looking forward to the family reunion this weekend. I am cooking a few choice items which will no doubt be the biggest hits of the ball. Just kidding, there are some fabulous cooks in Uncle Jimmy's family, and all I hope for is not to embarrass myself. When the babies were small I got away with corny dogs, but don't have the nerve to try that any more. So far, I have produced a Tortilla Cobbler, and a corn casserole is in the oven. I want to get a few dishes done today and some tomorrow, so Saturday morning won't be stressful.

James's brother Steve and our s-i-l Denise are supposed to arrive here Friday around 5 PM, so that is when I hope to be done cooking, overseeing a spotless home, sweat-free and charming. Is any part of that an attainable goal? I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

VIC! You blogged! You blogged! The pictures are gorgeous - and Jamaica is oh so flattering for you & Val. Sorry I kept interupting your reunioning! Happy Bday! - LAT

Valerie said...

Oh man Vic, I can't wait until the Thomas family hosts my wedding! Don't worry, you'll still be invited.