Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Gala Austin Shower!

The Come before Winter participants at the shower.
The ACU buds, most of whom are now Austin and environs residents.
The shower hostesses and the honoree!
D'Ann Parker, Chez's mom, and Lindsey McCrary, two of the great hostesses!
Liz and Catherine looking just as cute as when they met in 5th or 6th grade.



The piece de resistance(please say this out loud with a Frech accent), the Vita-Meata-Vega-Mix!! Boy do those CbW women know how to get to a girl's heart!!
The hostesses served an incredible array of goodies!


Karen Alexander knows how to jazz up water and tea, not to mention arrange flowers to rival the pros!
And I somehow missed a shot of the gorgeous silver punch bowl and cups, in which was served a coffee punch that was incredibly tasty! And did I mention that Chez Dishman gave Catherine a set of dessert dishes, but opened the boxes so she could serve Tiramisu in them! That Chez, she is truly one of the smart kids!!

All in all, a delightful couple of days in Austin. I could definitely enjoy a longer visit. We went to church at Westover Hills on Sunday, dined with a group of beautiful women chaperoned by the confident and charming Cody Dishman at Carrabba's, and then I headed home.

Catherine flew back to Tucson from Austin, but she is heading back this week for another shower. It is exciting to look forward to the Prestoncrest shower, particularly the fact that all 3 daughters will be here to attend.

6 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

Oh, Vicki, this was a lovely shower....i am stunned by the look of the refreshment table....i wish you could describe all of the dishes...it looks like a feast for a wedding, much less a shower...i am so happy for catherine to have such wonderful friends who care enough to go all out for our precious CC.....Catherine just looks radiant...and so do you, especially in that photo of both of you, that cc has posted on her blog.....love you, vicki, and am so looking forward to october 17th and especially the 18th....i plan to wear white and i was wondering if James would mind walking me down the aisle and seating me just after the bridesmaids enter....will you aks him for me? ...love Jj

Catherine said...

Thank you for FINALLY updating your blog!! I love your point o' views of our fab weekend in Austin!! If you don't mind now...I need to update my blog with a link to yours directing everyone to check it out!!

Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Catherine said...

Oh...and I would actually like for you to ask dad if we wouldn't mind walking aunt jj down...I just want to see his reaction! :)

LOVE YOU AUNT JJ :)

Valerie said...

Mom! So nice to finally see all these pictures up! Everyone looks so pretty... including Phil, Becky, Eden, Suzy, etc!

See you SOON!

vicki said...

My Peeps are back!!!

There's no stopping me now!

Lyndsey said...

Dad gum Vic!Lausy mercy and gracious sakes alive I'm impressed! You've put us all to shame. See you manana!