Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Saga continues




These are a few of the wonders of Moody Gardens. Pretty amazing, actually, and I fondly remember seeing these scenes with GS Troop 1299 back in the day.

Hey, that post showed up this time when I logged on so I went ahead and posted the two shots of Little Cath for your enjoyment. I will get to more of the details of that fabulous day, but now I have decided to go more in order, at least as far as the pictures go.

James and I got to go to Galveston, specifically Moody Gardens on a school board-related seminar. That was a really lovely trip as far as I was concerned. I did lots of reading and gazing at God's beautiful world. On Sunday morning we drove to Baytown and went to church with Steve and Denise, which we really enjoyed.

But while I was standing in the foyer after church, I got a call from Jan who was in Evansville with Michael and family. Amazingly, she was informing me that Mike had "coded" twice in the ER and she was on her way to the hospital with Mike's sons, not knowing what lay ahead. I heard reports periodically thru the day. Valerie offered to look up flight info for me and I wound up flying to be with Jan a day after we got back to Big D, or actually, Not so Big FB. Michael's recovery was not for certain for awhile, but he is healing and in fact has gone back to work. Jan has remained there to help him with child care. for riveting reports of her housekeeping, pet and child care, check out .

1 comment:

Jan Kelley said...

vicki....that was a day i will never forget and words do not come easliy to me to let you know what a gift it was for you to come to evansille to be with me and to spend your own special time with michael....i saw his love for you so clearly and will never forget his reaching for your hand and pulling it to his mouth so he could kiss it, even though he had a trach tube down his throat, and how many times he would signal to you his love, by touching his heart and pointing to you......you allowed yourself to be a blessing to Michael that day, vicki, and of course, to me, but oh, so especially for Michael...i will always remember this act on your part and i love you so much...jj