Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Photo Shoot!

This is the one that was the leg kick, but I got it on the way down! Also this would be #11 in the chronology of photos.
Concrete cylinders, original purpose unknown to me, but now a cool photo set in the field.

Lisa got some great shots at the hay bales, but I wasn't brave enough to venture out there. This shot was on extreme zoom on my camera. Cath said Lisa casually suggested that they watch out for snakes on the way out to the bales, but having committed, she did not turn back!


Just need to point out that my amateur status is intact and bleeds over into my blogging. The first five photos below actually were added after the second five, so if chronology is important to you, #6 is #1, #7 is #2, and so on. Also in the paragraph below (which I wrote first, but can't figure out how to move it to the top), I refer to the leg kick photo, which, I now realize, Lisa got that shot but I didn't, so just trust me on that. She gets in about 5 or 6 shots while my camera is still catching it's breath!

Lyndsey McCrary, a college roommate of Catherine, went along to help out, visit, etc. She has a wedding coming up soon as well!
I mentioned the veil about 47 times and then magically, Cath decided to wear it for a few shots!
Did I mention Lisa is a creative photographer?
Lisa had us meet her in the town square of Kyle, just south of Austin. Dressing Room optional, so to speak, so Cath made it happen on the square with creative modesty in tact.
Got to get the wedding jewelry just right,
and a make up check while we wait for Lisa to arrive with the bouquet.

And then Lisa arrived and we were off! She is a creative young lady with tons of suggestions for shots but totally going with Catherine's ideas as well. The leg kick shot was something Catherine did for laughs and Lisa had her do it again for the camera.

1 comment:

Jan Kelley said...

what a great display of shots....this is so important to t document catherine's joy and enthusiasm during this time in her life...i love every shot....so glad that you were able to share this with Catherine...vicki, i believe you are the best mom and i am so happy that your children recognize it too....love to you...jj